I got nominated for an award! The Liebster award is an award for bloggers, nominated by other bloggers. It is a great way to get to know new bloggers, and help each other to grow a bigger audience. So first of all a huge thanks to Will at Monkey Steals Peach (www.monkeystealspeach.com), an awesome travel & martial arts blog.
The Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site.
- Display an image of the award and write a post about your nomination on your blog.
- Answer the 10 questions your nominee has asked in their blog post.
- Nominate 5-10 other deserving new bloggers for the award and ask them 10 questions of your choice.
- List the rules of the award in your blog post.
10 Questions From Monkey Steals Peach
1. Tell us a bit about yourself
I’m an animator from Israel, passionate about traveling around the world, and enjoying all kinds of arts, especially photography and illustrations. I believe that every trip is a new adventure and a new experience to keep for life. I travel with my fiance, Oded, who’s also eager to keep traveling and explore the globe.
2. What was your first trip and how did it change you
China was my first backpacking destination. After this amazing backpacking trip I realized how much I love everything about traveling: new adventures and experiences, meeting people from all around the world, exploring a new culture, a new cuisine, admiring stunning landscapes and enjoy the relaxing nature. This first trip to China made me realize that from now on I’ll keep dreaming about traveling whenever I can.
3. What’s the biggest thing you’ve gained from travel
The biggest thing I’ve earned from traveling is probably inner peace. Traveling helped me become a relaxed and optimistic person. I appreciate more every aspect of life, every step I take, every person I meet, and every memory I create.
4. What kind of a traveler are you (backpacker/luxury/solo/group etc)
I’m defiantly a backpacker! I love traveling with my fiance, and even though we travel as a couple, many times we prefer to stay in dorm rooms and we are trying to always be kind and meed new friend from all around the world.
5. What’s your favorite destination so far
That’s a really really really hard question. A lot of countries were incredible to me, but Peru was very unique in my opinion. Peru offers lots of cultural experiences and beautiful cities (like Cusco), amazing landscapes and trekking opportunities (especially in Huaraz area) and so much more…
6. What’s your most memorable experience
My most memorable experience is volunteering with kids in Sucre, Bolivia. There are lots of poor children in Bolivia in general, and in Sucre some of the places for children are dirty and lacks the colorfulness of places for children like nursery schools. So we decided to paint some happy and colorful stuff on the walls of a nursery school and in a hospital. It turned out really awesome and the kids loved it!
7. What’s your worst/most disappointing experience
My worst experience while traveling was that day when I almost died in Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia, I did a huge mistake and took a medicine from one of the guides in the tour…it turned out that I’m dangerously allergic to that pill…Thankfully at the end everything turned out ok and we went back to the salt flats and enjoyed it so much!
8. Where do you plan to go next
We are planning to travel Spain soon, can’t wait to practice my Spanish again…(=
9. How did you get into blogging
I wanted to have a place to write about my experiences and share my love for traveling…I wanted to share our beautiful traveling pictures and stories…that’s when blogging came up as a great option.
10. What are your plans for your blog this year
This year I hope to keep writing interesting stories, share my travel tips and experiences from the most amazing places on our plant! And off course I hope to get to as much readers as I can to share my knowledge. It’s awesome when people write me that they found helpful advice in my website, and consult with me about their travel plans, I’m always happy to help.
My nominees for the Liebster Award:
1. Sumil from ‘The Floating Lens‘
2. Ryan from ‘Out With Ryan’
3. Tim from ‘Urban Duniya’
4. Julio from ‘Travel World Heritage’
5. Sally-Ann from ‘Toddlers On Tour’
7. Danielle from ‘Our Passport Pages’
8. Christina from ‘World AglowGo’
9. Carrie and Seth from ‘Joined At The Trip’
10. Monica from ‘One And A Thousand Worlds’
11. Myki and Noreen from ‘Cool Travel Blog’
My Liebster Award questions:
1) Tell us a bit about yourself
2) Tell us about one amazing experience you had while traveling
3) Name one kind of really delicious local food you ate while traveling
4) Big cities or small villages? And name a favorite one
5) What’s your next travel destination
6) Tell us about a great hotel\ hostel\ guesthouse you stayed in
7) What’s the most important thing you’ve learned from traveling
8) Name 3 destinations from your bucket list and explain why do you want to visit them
9) What do you miss the most when you are away from home
10) What motivated you to start your blog
Looking forward to hearing your answers!